[slurm-users] Should there be a different gres.conf for each node?

Renfro, Michael Renfro at tntech.edu
Thu Mar 5 15:28:54 UTC 2020

We have a shared gres.conf that includes node names, which should have the flexibility to specify node-specific settings for GPUs:

=====

NodeName=gpunode00[1-4] Name=gpu Type=k80 File=/dev/nvidia0 COREs=0-7
NodeName=gpunode00[1-4] Name=gpu Type=k80 File=/dev/nvidia1 COREs=8-15

=====

See the third example configuration at https://slurm.schedmd.com/gres.conf.html for a reference.