[slurm-users] runtime priority

Renfro, Michael Renfro at tntech.edu
Tue Jun 30 15:07:37 UTC 2020

There’s a --nice flag to sbatch and srun, at least. Documentation indicates it decreases priority by 100 by default.

And untested, but it may be possible to use a job_submit.lua [1] to adjust nice values automatically. At least I can see a nice property in [2], which I assume means it'd be accessible as job_desc.nice in the Lua script.

[1] https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm/blob/master/contribs/lua/job_submit.lua
[2] https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm/blob/master/src/lua/slurm_lua.c