[slurm-users] Do not upgrade mysql to 5.7.30!

Alan Orth alan.orth at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 06:13:15 UTC 2020

At the height of Oracle's hostility towards the open source community in
2014 Ubuntu CEO Mark Shuttleworth announced that Ubuntu 14.04 would keep
using MySQL, even after Debian itself (and other distros) switched to
MariaDB.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/shuttleworth-says-ubuntu-is-sticking-with-mysql

I've been running MariaDB everywhere since then (even on Ubuntu via PPA).
Our SLURM DB has been using it since then as well. Six years now...

Regards,