[slurm-users] Installing GPU Features of Slurm 20

Petrillo, Neale A. (Contractor) Neale.Petrillo at unnpp.gov
Mon Jun 22 15:24:39 UTC 2020

Hi!

I'm trying to install Slurm 20.02 on my cluster with the GPU features. However, only my compute nodes have GPUs attached and so when I try to install the slurm-slurmctld RPM on my head node it fails saying it requires the NVIDIA control software. How do other folks work around this? Do you have one RPM built for the control node and one for the compute nodes? Do you just force the install on the control node?

Thanks!