[slurm-users] Fairshare per-partition?

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Fri Jun 12 08:52:21 UTC 2020

Hello all.

Is it possible to configure Slurm so that fairshare calc on a partition
does not impact calc on a different one?

We'd need to have different "priorities" on the "postprocessing" nodes
than the ones on "parallel" nodes, so that even if an user already used
up all his "quota" on "parallel" nodes but have never used
"postprocessing", he'll have max prio when submitting jobs on
"postprocessing".

IIUC, it should be the case if the user have multiple associations
(specifying a different partition for each one). Am I right?

TIA.

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia