[slurm-users] Slurm Job Count Credit system

Renfro, Michael Renfro at tntech.edu
Mon Jun 1 15:15:29 UTC 2020

Even without the slurm-bank system, you can enforce a limit on resources with a QOS applied to those users. Something like:

=====

sacctmgr add qos bank1 flags=NoDecay,DenyOnLimit
sacctmgr modify qos bank1 set grptresmins=cpu=1000

sacctmgr add account bank1
sacctmgr modify account name=bank1 set qos+=bank1

sacctmgr add user someuser account=bank1
sacctmgr modify user someuser set qos+=bank1

=====

You can do lots with a QOS, including limiting the number of simultaneous running jobs, simultaneous running/queued jobs, etc. Unfortunately, the NoDecay flag is only documented to work on GrpTRESMins, GrpWall, and UsageRaw, not on the job count.

So if you can live with limiting the number of simultaneous jobs instead of a total number of jobs per time period, that’s possible with QOS. Otherwise, maybe someone else will have an idea.

--
Mike Renfro, PhD / HPC Systems Administrator, Information Technology Services
931 372-3601     / Tennessee Tech University