[slurm-users] Jenkins integration

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 15:08:54 UTC 2020

All,

I am wondering what approaches folks have used to integrate Jenkins into
slurm.

In particular, the ability to submit jobs as different users by Jenkins,
if that is how it is being done.

It occurs to me that the ability to use "--uid" for the sbatch command
by other than root could be quite useful. Especially for service accounts.

Yes, there can be a workaround using sudo, but it seems better if we
could track things in slurm to know a job was run 'on behalf of' another
user.

Thoughts, suggestions, current approaches?

Thanks,

Brian Andrus