[slurm-users] Meaning of "defunct" in description of Slurm parameters

Riebs, Andy andy.riebs at hpe.com
Mon Jul 20 12:26:57 UTC 2020

Ummm... unless I'm missing something obvious, though the choice of the term "defunct" might not be my choice (I would have expected "deprecated"), it seems quite clear that the new "SlurmctldHost" parameter has subsumed the 4 that you've listed. I wasn't privy to the decision to the discussion about adding the new parameter, so the value isn't enormously clear, except for the option of adding a second backup host (for a total of 3 "ControlMachine" candidates).

Andy