[slurm-users] how to know the real utilization of a node when oversubscribe is set to FORCE

肖正刚 guru.novice at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:41:01 UTC 2020

Hi, all
In my slurm.conf node selecttype configured as
SelectType=select/linear
Some partitions enabled OverSubscribe as
OverSubscribe=FORCE:64 or OverSubscribe=FORCE:4

Assume a partition named testA with a node has 64 cpu cores,
enabled OverSubscribe with OverSubscribe=FORCE:64.
if I submit a job like:
srun -N 1 -n 1 -p testA sleep 10
then the cpurawtime of this job recorded by slurm is 640s, but actually
this job only used 10s;
so, I want to know are there any way to get the real cputime used by this
job in slurm.

Thanks!