[slurm-users] How to queue jobs based on non-existent features

Raj Sahae rsahae at tesla.com
Fri Jul 10 16:42:32 UTC 2020

Hi Brian and Paul,

You both sent me suggestions about using an offline dummy node with all features set. Thanks for your ideas but this won’t work for me as it’s not practical. We want to allow users to queue for all supported software versions and that easily numbers in the thousands or tens of thousands (every branch, every commit). If I could make this solution work, I would simply set the Available features for all nodes but this feels like it won’t scale well, or is an improper use of the Feature capability.

Thanks,

Raj Sahae | m. +1 (408) 230-8531