[slurm-users] Advice for merging accounting data

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 17:56:58 UTC 2020

If you want everything good, you will want to dump/import before
starting to use the new database.

If they are the same versions of mysql/mariadb, I would merely rsync the
database folders over and then start the db.

One potential gotcha is the jobid starting over/being different. Make
sure you set that in the slurm.conf to continue the numbering from where
you left off so there are no entries in accounting that get replaced.

Brian Andrus