[slurm-users] How do I add a library for the linker in Makefile.in

Michael Gutteridge michael.gutteridge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 15:52:13 UTC 2020

With the caveat that I haven't built these plugins past Slurm 18, these are
job submit plugins, and that the documentation is weak, you could look at
these plugins I'd written for our cluster:

https://github.com/FredHutch/gizmo-plugins

Contains two plugins I build in the source tree.  These set a default
account and qos.

Autotools is the process here... I'm no expert, but IIRC the .in is built
from the .am.  So you would install your code and the Makefile.am with the
linker flags you need then use autoreconf to build the .in, then it'll get
picked up by configure when you build the tree.  You also need to add these
to upstream targets in the source tree- see the patch files in the root of
the linked repository above.

HTH

 - Michael