[slurm-users] job_submit.lua and memory allocations

William G. Wichser bill at Princeton.EDU
Fri Jan 24 15:38:16 UTC 2020

Answering my own question after much help from Josko Plazonic-

local mem_to_use = 0

-- This is the logic -
-- either min_mem_per_node or min_mem_per_cpu will be set
-- Both can't be set, so only act in those two cases

if job_desc.min_mem_per_node ~= nil then
         mem_to_use = job_desc.min_mem_per_node
end
if job_desc.min_mem_per_cpu ~= nil then
         mem_to_use = job_desc.min_mem_per_cpu * job_desc.min_cpus
end

log_info("slurm_job_submit: Got total memory: %d", mem_to_use)

Bill