[slurm-users] Setup for backup slurmctld

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb at salilab.org
Wed Feb 26 20:48:26 UTC 2020

We're planning the migration of our moderately sized cluster (~400 nodes,
40K jobs/day) from SGE to slurm.  We'd very much like to have a backup
slurmctld, and it'd be even better if our backup slurmctld could be in a
separate data center from the primary (though they'd still be on the same
private network).  So, how are folks sharing the StateSaveLocation in such
a setup?  Any and all recommendations (including those with the 2
slurmctld servers in the same rack) welcome.  Thanks!

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Wynton Cluster Sysadmin