[slurm-users] Job limit in slurm.

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Mon Feb 17 12:04:42 UTC 2020

Hi Navin,

I wonder if you have configured the Slurm database and the slurmdbd
daemon?  I think the limit enforcement requires the use of the database.

What is the output of:

$ scontrol show config | grep AccountingStorageEnforce

See also https://slurm.schedmd.com/accounting.html#limit-enforcement

Limit Enforcement

Various limits and limit enforcement are described in the Resource Limits
web page.

To enable any limit enforcement you must at least have
AccountingStorageEnforce=limits in your slurm.conf, otherwise, even if you
have limits set, they will not be enforced. Other options for
AccountingStorageEnforce and the explanation for each are found on the
Resource Limits document.

/Ole