[slurm-users] Upgrade or /-date to Release 20.02p1 .....

Marcus Boden mboden at gwdg.de
Tue Feb 4 10:54:07 UTC 2020

HI,

to your first question: I don't know the exact reason, but SchedMD made
it pretty clear, that there is a spcific sequence for updates:
slurmdbd -> slurmctld -> slurmd -> commands
See https://slurm.schedmd.com/SLUG19/Field_Notes_3.pdf (or any of the
other field notes) for details.
So, I'd advise that you don't try it any other way.

for your second question, see https://slurm.schedmd.com/slurm.conf.html:
> MpiParams
>    MPI parameters. Used to identify ports used by older versions of
>    OpenMPI and native Cray systems. The input format is
>    "ports=12000-12999" to identify a range of communication ports to
>    be used. NOTE: This is not needed for modern versions of OpenMPI,
>    taking it out can cause a small boost in scheduling performance.
>    NOTE: This is require for Cray's PMI.

Best,
Marcus

On 20-02-04 11:44, Matthias Krawutschke wrote:
> Hello together,
>

> on the RELEASE_NOTES I read the following:

> --------------------------------
>
> Slurm can be upgraded from version 18.08 or 19.05 to version 20.02 without
> loss
>
> of jobs or other state information. Upgrading directly from an earlier
> version
>
> of Slurm will result in loss of state information.

> --------------------------------
>

> I want to upgrade or update my ComputeNode first, to see if it work or not,
> but this is not able to do.
>
> I´ve got the message on ComputeNode, that this Node can´t connect to
> SLURMCTLD
..

.

.

--
Marcus Vincent Boden, M.Sc.
Arbeitsgruppe eScience
E-Mail: mboden at gwdg.de
---------------------------------------
Gesellschaft fuer wissenschaftliche
Datenverarbeitung mbH Goettingen (GWDG)
Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Goettingen
E-Mail: gwdg at gwdg.de
Tel.:   +49 (0)551 201-1510
Fax:    +49 (0)551 201-2150
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Ramin Yahyapour
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender:
Prof. Dr. Christian Griesinger
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Goettingen
Registergericht: Goettingen