[slurm-users] Defining an empty partition

Steve Brasier steveb at stackhpc.com
Fri Dec 18 11:13:45 UTC 2020

Having tried just not even defining any partitions you hit this this
<https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm/blob/master/src/common/node_conf.c#L383>check
which seems to ensure you can't create a cluster with no nodes. Is it
possible to create a control node without any compute nodes, e.g. as part
of a staged deployment?

http://stackhpc.com/
Please note I work Tuesday to Friday.