[slurm-users] 20.11.1 on Cray: job_submit.lua: SO loaded on CtlD restart: script skipped when job submitted

Kevin Buckley Kevin.Buckley at pawsey.org.au
Fri Dec 18 02:04:29 UTC 2020

On 2020/12/17 11:34, Chris Samuel wrote:
> On 16/12/20 6:21 pm, Kevin Buckley wrote:
>
>> The skip is occuring, in src/lua/slurm_lua.c, because of this trap
>
> That looks right to me, that's Doug's code which is checking whether the
> file has been updated since slurmctld last read it in.  If it has then
> it'll reload it, but if it hasn't then it'll skip it (and if you've got
> debugging up high then you'll see that message).

OK. That makes sense.

> So if you see that message then the lua has been read in to slurmctld
> and should get called.  You might want to check the log for when it last
> read it in, just in case there was some error detected at that point.

Well, in the log snippet I provided, the implication is: Success.

> You can also use luac to run a check over the script you've got like this:
>
> luac -p /etc/opt/slurm/job_submit.lua

There's no luac in the Cray SDB images by default, only the
supporting libs, as the functionality is clearly there, vis:
the very first loading had already picked up a "missing end",
hence the assumption that the Success seen was implying a
"deep joy".

Will keep playing: cheers for the info,
Kevin

--