[slurm-users] Burst to AWS cloud

Sajesh Singh ssingh at amnh.org
Tue Dec 15 20:02:26 UTC 2020

We are currently investigating the use of the cloud scheduling features within an on-site Slurm installation and was wondering if anyone had any experiences that they wish to share of trying to use this feature. In particular I am interested to know:

https://slurm.schedmd.com/elastic_computing.html

1)  Recommendations for staging the data that was needed by the nodes in cloud
2) How did you handle name resolution
3) Any resources/documentation in particular that proved helpful while setting up the environment
4) Any bits of advise or horror stories that may be helpful in avoiding pitfalls.

Regards,

-SS-