[slurm-users] submit_plugin.lua: distinguish between batch and interactive usage

Lech Nieroda lech.nieroda at uni-koeln.de
Mon Dec 7 14:55:56 UTC 2020

Hello,

It’s certainly possible to check whether the job is interactive or not, e.g.

if job_desc.script == nil or job_desc.script == '' then
   slurm.log_info("slurm_job_submit: jobscript is missing, assuming interactive job")
else
   slurm.log_info("slurm_job_submit: jobscript is present, assuming non-interactive job")
   if is_defined(job_desc.partition) and job_desc.partition == "interactive“ then
      slurm.log_info("slurm_job_submit: interactive partition for non-interactive job, abort“)
      slurm.log_user("submit_job: ERROR: batch jobs are not allowed in the interactive partition. Use salloc followed by srun instead.“)
      return -1
   end
end

Kind regards,