[slurm-users] Alternatives for MailProg

Andrew Elwell andrew.elwell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 05:02:49 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

I'm getting fed up receiving out-of-office replies to slurm job state mails.

Given that by default slurmctld just calls /bin/mail (aka mailx on our
systems) which doesn't allow command line options to add headers such
as 'Auto-generated: auto-submitted' to help educate auto responders,
does anyone have a nice wrapper script I can steal (or they can send
to the contribs/ folder) to convert 'mail -s "string" address' into
something I can poke straight into /usr/sbin/sendmail?  I looked at
the seff / smail one, but that too just calls /bin/mail by default,

If not, I'll start hacking something together but wanted to cut down
on replicating wheels.

Andrew