[slurm-users] [External] [slurm 20.02.3] don't suspend nodes in down state

Florian Zillner fzillner at lenovo.com
Wed Aug 26 08:35:54 UTC 2020

Hi Herbert,

just like Angelos described, we also have logic in our poweroff script that checks if the node is really IDLE and only sends the poweroff command if that's the case.

Excerpt:
hosts=$(scontrol show hostnames $1)
for host in $hosts; do
        scontrol show node $host | tr ' ' '\n' | grep -q 'State=IDLE+POWER$'
        if [[ $? == 1 ]]; then
                echo "node $host NOT IDLE" >>$OUTFILE
                continue
        else