[slurm-users] GRES Restrictions

Christoph Brüning christoph.bruening at uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Aug 25 15:24:41 UTC 2020

Hello,

we're using cgroups to restrict access to the GPUs.

What I found particularly helpful, are the slides by Marshall Garey from
last year's Slurm User Group Meeting:
https://slurm.schedmd.com/SLUG19/cgroups_and_pam_slurm_adopt.pdf
(NVML didn't work for us for some reason I cannot recall, but listing
the GPU device files explicitly was not a big deal)

Best,
Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Brüning