[slurm-users] [slurm 20.02.3] don't suspend nodes in down state

Steininger, Herbert herbert_steininger at psych.mpg.de
Mon Aug 24 08:52:13 UTC 2020

Hi,

how can I prevent slurm, to suspend nodes, which I have set to down state for maintenance?
I know about "SuspendExcNodes", but this doesn't seem the right way, to roll out the slurm.conf every time this changes.
Is there a state that I can set so that the nodes doesn't get suspended?

It happened a few times that I was doing some stuff on a server and after our idle time (1h) slurm decided to suspend the node.

TIA,
Herbert

--
Herbert Steininger