[slurm-users] Correct way to give srun and sbatch different MaxTime values?

Renfro, Michael Renfro at tntech.edu
Tue Aug 4 18:23:53 UTC 2020

Untested, but you should be able to use a job_submit.lua file to detect if the job was started with srun or sbatch:

  *   Check with (job_desc.script == nil or job_desc.script == '')
  *   Adjust job_desc.time_limit accordingly

Here, I just gave people a shell function "hpcshell", which automatically drops them in a time-limited partition. Easier for them, fewer idle resources for everyone:

hpcshell ()
{
    srun --partition=interactive $@ --pty $SHELL -i
}