[slurm-users] one job at a time - how to set?

Allan Streib astreib at indiana.edu
Thu Apr 30 16:36:02 UTC 2020

I'm running an even older slurm than you (it does what I need, I am a
team of one and I have many things to take care of other than chasing
the latest version of every piece of software).

Anyway, did you try Shared=EXCLUSIVE in the partition configuration?

>From the (v14.11.7) slurm.conf man page:

    Shared Controls the ability of the partition to execute more than
    one job at a time on each resource [...]

    EXCLUSIVE Allocates entire nodes to jobs even with select/cons_res
    configured. Jobs that run in partitions with "Shared=EXCLUSIVE" will
    have exclusive access to all allocated nodes. (node, socket or core
    depending upon the value of SelectTypeParameters).

Allan