[slurm-users] one job at a time - how to set?

Rutger Vos rutger.vos at naturalis.nl
Wed Apr 29 18:53:15 UTC 2020

Hi,

for a smallish machine that has been having degraded performance we want to
implement a policy where only one job (submitted with sbatch) is allowed to
run and any others submitted after it are supposed to wait in line.

I assumed this was straightforward but I can't seem to figure it out. Can I
set that up in slurm.conf or in some other way? Thank you very much for
your help. BTW we are running slurm 15.08.7 if that is at all relevant.

Best wishes,

Dr. Rutger A. Vos
Researcher / Bioinformatician

+31717519600 - +31627085806