[slurm-users] Error when running srun: error: task X launch failed: Invalid MPI plugin name

Josep Guerrero guerrero at ice.cat
Mon Apr 27 13:52:16 UTC 2020

Hi again,

> > So does someone have any suggestion about what I could try?
>
> Please have a look at:

This seems to have worked. Thanks a lot!

Just in case someone else is interested, that debian bug thread suggests the
following workaround:

>  as a workaround you can use both sbatch and
>
> salloc as in [1]:
>
> salloc -n 4 mpirun mympiprogram ...
>
> or
>
> sbatch -n 4 mympiprogram.sh
>
> where mympiprogram.sh is something like:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> mpirun mympiprogram ...
>
> Notice you don't need to specify the number of processes to mpirun, as
> it takes it from SLURM.

Also, the "mpirun" in the script should be the OpenMPI one. The slurm mpirun
didn't work for me (gave an error about openmpi not having been compiled with
slurm's pmi support).

Josep Guerrero