[slurm-users] #SBATCH --get-user-env will prevent the job to run for ~ 2mins.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 13:01:18 UTC 2020

Hi,

When running a vasp job, if I set the following option in my sbatch script:

 #SBATCH --get-user-env

After I submit the job, even the job's state is R, in fact the job is
not started. This will continue about ~ 2mins and then the job will be
run. If I delete the above line from the sbatch script, the job will
be immediately run when the state of it is R.

See here for discussions on this problem:
https://github.com/aiida-vasp/aiida-vasp/issues/337#event-3271867273

Why does this happen?  And in general case, should I enable or disable
this option in the sbatch script?

Regards
--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com>