[slurm-users] Munge decode failing on new node

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 15:29:48 UTC 2020

I see potentially 2 things you should likely do:

 1. Run ntpd on your nodes. You can even have them sync with your master.
 2. Sync your user data on the nodes too. Even if that is just ensuring
    /etc/passwd and /etc/group are the same on them all

While ntp is not required for slurm, the time sync is very important and
ntp makes that a non-issue. Best practices and all.

#2 is something that is often overlooked, but obvious when you think
about it.
I have seen folks add users my doing 'useradd' on each node, but that
messes everything up if you installed a package or such that changed the
next uid on any node.

The error below looks like you may have a different uid for the slurm
user on the node. What uid is slurmd running as on the bad node vs a
good node?

Brian Andrus