[slurm-users] How to request for the allocation of scratch .

navin srivastava navin.altair at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 05:37:46 UTC 2020

Thanks Erik.

Last night i made the changes.

i defined in slurm.conf on all the nodes as well as on the slurm server.

TmpFS=/lscratch

 NodeName=node[01-10]  CPUs=44  RealMemory=257380 Sockets=2
CoresPerSocket=22 ThreadsPerCore=1 TmpDisk=1600000 State=UNKNOWN
Feature=P4000 Gres=gpu:2

These nodes having 1.6TB local scratch. i did a scontrol reconfig on all
the nodes but after sometime we saw all nodes went into drain state.then i
revert back the changes with old one.

on all nodes jobs were running and the localsctratch is 20-25% in use.
we have already cleanup script in crontab which used to clean the scratch
space regularly.

is anything wrong here?

Regards
Navin.