[slurm-users] How to request for the allocation of scratch .

Ellestad, Erik Erik.Ellestad at ucsf.edu
Tue Apr 14 17:22:03 UTC 2020

Have you defined the TmpDisk value for each node?

As far as I know, local disk space is not a valid type for GRES.

https://slurm.schedmd.com/gres.html

"Generic resource (GRES) scheduling is supported through a flexible plugin mechanism. Support is currently provided for Graphics Processing Units (GPUs), CUDA Multi-Process Service (MPS), and Intel® Many Integrated Core (MIC) processors."

The only valid solution I've found for scratch is to:

In slurm.conf, define the location of local scratch globally via TmpFS.

And then the amount per host is defined via TmpDisk=xxx.

Then the request for srun/sbatch via --tmp=X

---
Erik Ellestad
Wynton Cluster SysAdmin
UCSF