[slurm-users] Header lengths are longer than data received after changing SelectType & GresTypes to use MPS

Robert Kudyba rkudyba at fordham.edu
Wed Apr 8 15:18:49 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 10:23 AM Eric Berquist <berquist at isi.edu> wrote:

> I just ran into this issue. Specifically, SLURM looks for the NVML header
> file, which comes with CUDA or DCGM, in addition to the library that comes
> with the drivers. The check is at
> https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm/blob/a763a008b7700321b51aad2e619deab00638a379/auxdir/x_ac_nvml.m4#L32
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_SchedMD_slurm_blob_a763a008b7700321b51aad2e619deab00638a379_auxdir_x-5Fac-5Fnvml.m4-23L32&d=DwMGaQ&c=aqMfXOEvEJQh2iQMCb7Wy8l0sPnURkcqADc2guUW8IM&r=X0jL9y0sL4r4iU_qVtR3lLNo4tOL1ry_m7-psV3GejY&m=qEOa0Nb_0rsKW6mzpoQAwGyto3-n4jARKzCmjRt0u9E&s=El29FlTWFiGAEFiZJ4zk49gehqpwvgojL_2jGpK6Etg&e=>.
> Once you’ve built SLURM, it’s enough to just have the GPU drivers on the
> nodes where SLURM will be installed.

So how do I get around the  "fatal: We were configured to autodetect nvml
functionality" error so we can use "AutoDetect=nvml"?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org via
<https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1311182?hl=en&authuser=1>
lists.schedmd.com
> Once you’ve built SLURM, it’s enough to just have the GPU drivers on the
> nodes where SLURM will be installed.

>>>Yeah I checked that at the Slurm User Group - slurmd will try
and dlopen() the required libraries and should gracefully deal with them
not being present.>>>

How do I get it to "gracefully deal with them not being present"?