[slurm-users] Running multiple jobs simultaneously

Matt Hohmeister hohmeister at psy.fsu.edu
Thu Sep 26 20:56:03 UTC 2019

I just did that...beautiful...thanks! The "default" let me run 48 jobs concurrently across two nodes.

I've noticed that, still, when I have "#SBATCH --ntasks=30" in my .sbatch file, the job still refuses to run, and I'm back at the below. Should I just ask my users to not use -ntasks in their .sbatch files?

             JOBID PARTITION     NAME     USER ST       TIME  NODES NODELIST(REASON)

     2052_[70-100]     debug whatever mhohmeis PD       0:00      4 (PartitionConfig)

Matt Hohmeister
Systems and Network Administrator
Department of Psychology
Florida State University