[slurm-users] How to modify the normal QOS

David Baker D.J.Baker at soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 26 14:12:41 UTC 2019

Hello,

Currently my normal QOS specifies MaxTRESPU=cpu=1280,nodes=32. I've tried a number of edits, however I haven't yet found a way of redefining the MaxTRESPU to be "cpu=1280". In the past I have resorted to deleting a QOS completely and redefining the whole thing, but in this case I'm not sure if I can delete the normal QOS on a running cluster.

I have tried commands like the following to no avail..

sacctmgr update qos normal set maxtresperuser=cpu=1280

Could anyone please help with this.

Best regards,
David