[slurm-users] Heterogeneous HPC

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 08:08:43 UTC 2019

Hi
The question is not directly related to Slurm, but is actually related to
the people in this community.

For heterogeneous environments, where different operating systems,
application and library versions are needed for HPC users, I would like to
know it using docker/containers is better than yielding virtual machines?

Actually, it is lighter than VM, however, I haven't seen a docker image for
Matlab for example. If that is possible, can Slurm be used to schedule
containers?
If someone has any experience using docker in HPC clusters, please let me
know.

Regards,
Mahmood