[slurm-users] Maxjobs not being enforced

Juergen Salk juergen.salk at uni-ulm.de
Wed Sep 18 18:39:44 UTC 2019

Dear Tina,

probably a stupid question, but is there any other MaxJobs limit
defined somewhere else above the user association in resource limit
hierarchy?

For example, if MaxJobs=10000 in the partition/job QOS and MaxJob=100
in the user association, the QOS limit takes precedence over the
user association limit. Thus, the effective limit will be 10000 jobs
instead of 100 jobs.

https://slurm.schedmd.com/resource_limits.html

Best regards
Jürgen

--
Jürgen Salk
Scientific Software & Compute Services (SSCS)

* Tina Fora <tfora at riseup.net> [190917 15:42]:

--
GPG A997BA7A | 87FC DA31 5F00 C885 0DC3  E28F BD0D 4B33 A997 BA7A