[slurm-users] SLURM in Virtual Machine

Andy Georges andy.georges at ugent.be
Fri Sep 13 11:42:03 UTC 2019

Hi Jose,

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 04:23:11PM +0200, Jose A wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In the expansion of our Cluster we are considering to install SLURM within a virtual machine in order to simplify updates and reconfigurations.
>
> Does any of your have experience running SLURM in VMs? I would really appreciate if you could share your ideas and experiences.

All our clusters have masters (controllers) that run in VMs (OpenNebula
with Ceph backed storage). We never had any issues, but our clusters are
relatively small (between 16 and 200 nodes). The slurmdbd also runs on a
VM, with a bit more storage underneath.

Each VM has 4 cores, 8GiB RAM.

Kind regards,
-- Andy