[slurm-users] slurm node weights

Marcus Boden mboden at gwdg.de
Thu Sep 5 16:21:43 UTC 2019

Hello Doug,

tp quote the slurm.conf page:
It would be preferable to allocate smaller memory nodes rather than
larger memory nodes if either will satisfy a job's requirements.

So I guess the idea is, that if a smaller node satisfies all
requirements, why 'waste' a bigger one for it? It makes sense for
memory, though I agree that it is counterintuitive for preocessors.

Best,
Marcus

--
Marcus Vincent Boden, M.Sc.
Arbeitsgruppe eScience
E-Mail: mboden at gwdg.de
---------------------------------------
Gesellschaft fuer wissenschaftliche
Datenverarbeitung mbH Goettingen (GWDG)
Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Goettingen
E-Mail: gwdg at gwdg.de
Tel.:   +49 (0)551 201-1510
Fax:    +49 (0)551 201-2150
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Ramin Yahyapour
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender:
Prof. Dr. Christian Griesinger
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Goettingen
Registergericht: Goettingen