[slurm-users] rescaling jobs after they start running

Damir Krstic damir.krstic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 16:22:24 UTC 2019

i am trying to figure out if following is possible:

submit job asking for 60GB of memory - job starts running and I realize
that I only need 20GB of memory. can i rescale this job to reflect this new
(lesser) need for memory?

one of the slurm admins pointed me to
*SchedulerParameters=permit_job_expansion* but in reading the
documentation, it is unclear to me that resizing memory requested is
possible with this option. has anyone tried this before, and if so, doe sit
work? please keep in mind that we have cgroups enabled as well.

thank you.
damir