[slurm-users] RHEL8 support

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 22:02:05 UTC 2019

Lol. Sure. All I did was require python3 and install it. (I prefer
python3 to python2 just because...)
You could probably do it with python2 if you prefer

--------------
65c65
< BuildRequires: python
---
 > BuildRequires: python3

So, a few new things I had to do:

yum config-manager --enable PowerTools
# This is where munge-devel and some other stuff is

alternatives --set python /usr/bin/python3
#so the build can use python

Everything else was same as before, except there were a few -devel
packages that appear to be converged into other already required
packages except pmix-devel. Haven't figured that one yet.

Brian Andrus