[slurm-users] Interlocking / Concurrent runner

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Oct 22 10:20:35 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm more used to GridEngine but use SLURM at remote locations. What I miss in SLURM are two features which I think are related to this area:

• use job names with wildcards for the various command like `scancel`

• use job names with wildcards for --dependency

If I get you right, you would like to submit:

$ sbatch  --job-name="runA-step1" …
$ sbatch  --job-name="runA-step2" --dependency="after:runA-step1" …
$ sbatch  --job-name="runB-step1" --dependency="after:runA*" …
$ sbatch  --job-name="runB-step2" --dependency="after:runB-step1" …

Some workflow using these dependencies could be set up without knowing any <jobid> beforehand then.

-- Reuti