[slurm-users] Status of BLCR?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sun Oct 6 22:11:15 UTC 2019

On 4/10/19 7:46 pm, Eliot Moss wrote:

>  From what I have read, BLCR would meet my needs for checkpointing,
> but the admins of both clusters are reluctant to pursue BLCR support.
> I myself am wondering whether it is still working, etc., and what it
> means that built-in support has been removed, etc.

BLCR is no longer maintained and SchedMD have removed the support that
Slurm used to have for it. As Michael mentioned DMTCP is worth checking
out (I've not used it personally, but it does seem to be actively
developed). From my discussions with SchedMD they'd rather not build
support in to Slurm for any particular solution.

All the best,
Chris
--
  Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA