[slurm-users] OverSubscribe parameter

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Wed Oct 2 07:20:48 UTC 2019

Espen Tangen <espen.tangen at uit.no> writes:

> Hi all, I need a bullet proof way of checking the setting of the
> OverSubscribe parameter from within a runscript.

Perhaps

  squeue -o %h -j $SLURM_JOB_ID

is what you are looking for.  According to squeue(1):

             %h    Can  the  compute  resources allocated to the
                    job be over subscribed by  other  jobs.   The
                    resources to be over subscribed can be nodes,
                    sockets,  cores,  or  hyperthreads  depending
                    upon  configuration.  The value will be "YES"
                    if the job was submitted  with  the  oversub‐
                    scribe  option or the partition is configured
                    with OverSubscribe=Force,  "NO"  if  the  job
                    requires exclusive node access, "USER" if the
                    allocated compute nodes are  dedicated  to  a
                    single  user,  "MCS" if the allocated compute
                    nodes are  dedicated  to  a  single  security
                    class  (See  MCSPlugin and MCSParameters con‐
                    figuration parameters for more  information),
                    "OK" otherwise (typically allocated dedicated
                    CPUs), (Valid for jobs only)

--
Cheers,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,