[slurm-users] Filter slurm e-mail notification

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 17:13:26 UTC 2019

Set --mail-type appropriately.

If you want only 1 email for the array, remove the "ARRAY_TASKS" from that.
If you don't want emails at all, set it to "NONE"

/*--mail-type*//=<//type//>/
    /Notify user by email when certain event types occur.
    Valid////type////values are NONE, BEGIN, END, FAIL, REQUEUE, ALL
    (equivalent to BEGIN, END, FAIL, REQUEUE, and STAGE_OUT), STAGE_OUT
    (burst buffer stage out and teardown completed), TIME_LIMIT,
    TIME_LIMIT_90 (reached 90 percent of time limit), TIME_LIMIT_80
    (reached 80 percent of time limit), TIME_LIMIT_50 (reached 50
    percent of time limit) and ARRAY_TASKS (send emails for each array
    task). Multiple////type////values may be specified in a comma
    separated list. The user to be notified is indicated
    with////*--mail-user*//. Unless the ARRAY_TASKS option is specified,
    mail notifications on job BEGIN, END and FAIL apply to a job array
    as a whole rather than generating individual email messages for each
    task in the job array./

Brian Andrus