[slurm-users] Environment modules

William Brown william at signalbox.org.uk
Sat Nov 23 09:28:10 UTC 2019

Agreed, I have just been setting up Lmod on a national compute cluster
where I am a non-privileged cluster and on an internal cluster where I have
full rights.  It works very well, and Lmod can read theTcl module files
also.  The most recent version has some extra features specially for
Slurm.  An I use EasyBuild, saves hundreds of hours of effort.   I do quite
often have to hand create simple module files for software with no
EasyConfig but I can just copy the structure from module files created by
EasyBuild so it has never been a great problem.

The best bit of modules is being able to offer multiple conflicting
versions of software like Java, Perl, R etc.

William