[slurm-users] Array jobs vs. many jobs

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Fri Nov 22 20:18:47 UTC 2019

Hi there,

Quick question that I'm not sure how to find the answer to otherwise: do array jobs have less impact on the scheduler in any way than a whole long list of jobs run the more traditional way? Less startup overhead, anything like that?

Thanks!

(we run 17.11 on CentOS 7, but I'm not sure it makes any difference here)

--
____
||_// the State  |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ  | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
     `'