[slurm-users] job priority keeping resources from being used?

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 17:57:46 UTC 2019

I ask if you are specifying it, because if not, slurm will assume a job
will use all the memory available.

So without specifying, your big job gets allocated 100% of the memory so
nothing could be sent to the node. Same if you don't specify for the
little jobs. It would want 100%, but if anything is running there, 100%
is not available as far as slurm is concerned.

Brian