[slurm-users] Slurm Install on Remote System

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sun May 26 04:10:03 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 25 May 2019 3:35:44 AM PDT Priya Mishra wrote:

> I am trying to install slurm on a remote system for which I don't have root
> access.

If you don't have root access then commands like systemctl won't work.

As long as you only expect jobs to run as yourself and to not use cgroups at
all then it may just work to run the daemons by hand yourself.   You would
need to make sure you specify your username as both the "SlurmUser" and
"SlurmdUser" in slurm.conf as well.

Best of luck,
Chris
--