[slurm-users] Slurm accounting/slurmdbd way slow

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Wed May 22 18:47:04 UTC 2019

All,

So I am experiencing great frustrations with the associations and
performance of slurmdbd with a mariadb backend.

A simple example is where I have a user with access to 4 partitions each
with the same 1200 account codes.

I want to retire two of the partitions, but there is no simple way to do
that. I have to do each individual assocation... ugh

Ok, so it would probably be easier to delete the user and then just
recreate the associations for the other two partitions.

A simple 'sacctmgr delete user harold' sits and throws Database is busy
or waiting for lock from other user.

Now I KNOW there are no other users/commands going to the database.

When I check the db, I see what grows to several THOUSAND lock
structures and several MILLION undo log entries....wth??

So why is it the db is behaving this way? This seems terribly wrong, or
I am using a screwdriver as a hammer somehow.

Any ideas?